- Diversity Delay: The USG Senate met Tuesday to vote on the campus climate resolution presented a week ago. The meeting didn’t quite go as planned. Large crowds packed into the small room to watch the discussion heat up among the USG leaders. The plan has become a big issue for student assemblies all over campus and was already passed by the Graduate Student Government.
- The 411: Hopefully, USG will make a decision in two weeks because time is running out.
- George Lucas: The Star Wars creator is finding new ways to increase diversity in entertainment. On Tuesday, USC announced George Lucas would pledge $10 million to increase the number of black and Hispanic film students. This Indiana Jones fan approves!
- The 411: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away… George Lucas was the king of philanthropy!
- Weekender Wardrobe: Heading north this weekend for the Cal game? In desperate need of some fashion advice? Here are some good fashion suggestions for all those indecisive people out there going to the Weekender.
- The 411: Fall fashion trends have arrived just in time for the big game.
- DIY Costumes: Did you just realize Halloween is on Saturday? Well, you might think you’re a little late to costume shop, but have no fear — the list of last-minute Halloween costume ideas is here!
- The 411: I got my eye on that Captain Planet costume! Let our powers combine! And…………………………………. I feel really old.
- Consent Classes: “Though some men may see these consent classes as common sense or as a waste of time, sitting through a few seminars and lectures is a far better alternative than the lifetime of emotional trauma that a rape or sexual assault can cause a rape victim.” – Jacquelyn Matter, DT Because Writer
- Job Hop: “Throughout all my internships, I’m not sure I’ve found exactly what I want to do; however, with each opportunity, I narrow down the search — moving closer and closer to discovering what it is I want as a career.” – Mollie Berg, DT Because Columnist
- Women’s Soccer: The Women of Troy triumphed over Utah and Colorado this past weekend. Their season record isn’t half bad either. A consistent offense and defense against both teams will serve them well as they head to Stanford and Cal this weekend.
- The 411: A killer roster, amazing coach and great team chemistry make the women’s soccer team a force to be reckoned with!
- Sweet Victory: After a rough couple of weeks, the USC football team is looking good. I think defeating a ranked team can definitely put a smile on anyone’s face. Now, it’s time for the Trojans to get back to basics in order to defeat those darn golden bears.
- The 411: Cameron Smith is the man!
- Adele Says Hello: Last week, Adele broke the internet with her magnificent return to the music scene. This week, she beat out Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus for most viewed music video within 24 hours.
- The 411: Over a 140 million views and counting!
Bonus: College Relationships
- Love U: Are you a fan of the Modern Love column in The New York Times? Well, the Daily Trojan has just the thing for you! Check out the first blog post for the Love U column here.
- The 411: The emotional rollercoaster of relationships in college brought to you by the letters L, O, V and E.
Eli Goodstein is a senior broadcast and digital journalism major. His newsletter, “Eli’s DT 4-1-1,” runs every Friday.